eBay is a popular online shopping platform that is well-known for its auctions and direct consumer-to-consumer transactions. It’s also highly popular with internet sellers who use it as a sales channel to generate revenue. Some eBay users may be curious about how to cancel an order after it has been placed. You can find out all you need to know about canceling an eBay order in this article.
To cancel an eBay order, you’ll need to contact the seller and ask if they can cancel it for you. The seller can either accept or decline your cancellation request. However, the cancellation will be declined if the order has already been shipped to your address.
eBay allows buyers and sellers to cancel orders placed on the site as long as there is a mutual agreement between the two parties involved. If the seller has not delivered the item, a buyer will be able to cancel the order for up to an hour after the payment has been completed and processed. On the other hand, a seller may cancel an order for up to 30 days after the purchase has been completed, however, these cancellations may result in a poor feedback.
Step by Step Process of Canceling an eBay Order
- Go to the official eBay website using your web browser or mobile device and sign in to your account.
- At the top of the right-hand corner, click on Sign in if you are not automatically signed into eBay. Then enter your details to sign in to your account.
- After that, choose My eBay. It may be found in the upper-right-hand area of the eBay web page. This brings up a drop-down menu.
- Select Purchase History from the drop-down menu. It may be found in the drop-down menu under “My eBay.” This will bring up all your recent eBay transactions for you to review. Locate the order that you would like to cancel and click on it.
- To cancel an order, choose More Actions from the drop-down menu next to the order you wish to cancel.
- Tap Cancel this order. Send the cancel request by clicking on the Submit button. eBay will submit a cancellation request to the seller, who will then confirm that the purchase has not been shipped. You will be notified via email whether your cancellation request has been accepted or denied.
How to Cancel an eBay Order After an Hour
The following are the actions to take to cancel an eBay order after the one-hour time limit has expired.
Access Ebay’s website with a browser and sign in with your account information. A cancellation request must be approved by the seller if more than an hour has elapsed after you made your transaction.
- Select My eBay from the drop-down menu. It may be found in the upper-right-hand area of the eBay web page. You will then see a drop-down menu with a list of options to choose from.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Purchase History option. All of your latest eBay orders will be shown in this section of the page.
- Locate the order that you wish to cancel and click on it.
- Next, navigate to the More Actions button which is next to the order you previously selected.
- Select “Contact Seller” from the drop-down menu. This is found in the drop-down menu displayed by clicking more actions.
- Choose “Request to cancel this order” and proceed to contact the seller. Inform the vendor of your decision to cancel. If you need to cancel an order, use the area given to quickly explain your reasons for wanting to do so.
- To send the message, click Send. This will then send a request sends the vendor’s email address.
How to Cancel eBay as a Seller
If you would like to cancel an order as a seller, use the following steps. Navigate to the Seller Hub. All orders can be found in the Seller Hub, while Sold can be found on My eBay.
- Locate the order you would like to cancel, and then choose “Cancel Order” from the More actions drop-down menu.
- Choose the reasons why you want to cancel the order and then click Submit to complete the process.
When 4 full calendar days have passed, you will be able to cancel a purchase due to non-payment by the customer. The explanation description “Buyer hasn’t paid” will become accessible after 4 days have passed. Find out more about settling unpaid goods with purchasers in this article.
Even if your customer has already paid for your order, you have the option to cancel it up to 30 days after it has been placed. Always take note that if you cancel a purchase, you may get a transaction flaw, which might negatively impact your selling performance rating.
Order cancellation results in a complete refund being provided to you without any further action on your part. Your account may be entitled to a fee credit if the buyer has been reimbursed, per eBay’s fee credit policy. Unless you cancel the purchase due to non-payment by the purchaser, any feedback submitted by the customer will be erased, and your seller standards will not be impacted.
What If There Is a Problem With a Refund?
If there is a problem with your refund, eBay will inform you as soon as possible to let you know. eBay will also request that you reissue the refund by choosing the Retry refund option in the notification email that you received. If you’re still having trouble issuing the return, consider using a new payment option to get a refund instead of the original one.
If you do not receive your refund within 10 days from the day the request was accepted, you may tell the seller that you still haven’t received the refund or the item. If you decide to do this via eBay money-back guarantee, the buyer will have to refund you through this case.
Both buyers and sellers will find that canceling an order on eBay is not a difficult process. All of your cancellation transactions may be completed using your account. You have the option to cancel your order inside the one-hour timeframe or after one hour by following the instructions outlined in this article.