Discovery Plus is an on-demand streaming platform offering several TV shows. It is simple to join up for this service. Joining discovery plus is very simple. However, sometimes you may not be entirely satisfied with the platform or simply want to take a break from using the platform. Here, I will explain the steps you need to take to cancel discovery plus.
The process for canceling Discovery Plus varies according to the device that you are using to complete the cancellation. If your using your desktop simply visit Discoveryplus.com. Log in to your account and then click on the drop-down menu beside your profile icon in the top right corner of your screen. Choose “Account” and then you will now be taken to the ‘Manage your Account’ section, click on ‘Cancel’ beside your currently active subscription. After that follow the on-screen instructions and provide discovery with the confirmation to cancel your account.
How to Cancel Discovery Plus through the Website
If you signed up for Discovery Plus directly via the website, the following are the steps you must take to cancel your subscription.
- To begin, go to the website and log into your account there.
- Navigate to the menu bar and choose Account.
- Select Manage Your Account and go to the section under Plans.
- After that, click on the Cancel button to exit the application.
Once your discovery Plus membership has been canceled, you will not be eligible for a refund. However, you will retain access to the service you subscribed for until the completion of your billing cycle. Furthermore, there aren’t any cancellation penalties or costs to be concerned about at all.
How to Cancel Discovery+ on Android
In the case that you signed up for Discovery Plus using your Android smartphone, the cancellation process is a bit different. The steps outlined here will walk you through the process of canceling discovery Plus on your android device.
- Open Google Play on your device. Make sure you are logged in.
- Navigate to the profile menu
- Find the option labeled “Payments & Subscriptions” and click on it.
- Click “Subscriptions”
- Select “discovery+”
- To cancel your discovery plus, click on the “Cancel Subscription” button.
There will be no fines or charges for canceling the subscription. You will also not be entitled to any returns if you want to discontinue your discovery+ membership. If you cancel your service within a billing period, you will still be able to use Discovery Plus up until your subscription cycle has ended.
How to Cancel Discovery Plus on an iPhone or iPad
If you subscribed to discovery plus by using your iPhone or iPad, you will need to follow the steps below to cancel your subscription.
- First, go to the apple store on your device
- Sign in with your Apple ID
- Continue scrolling until you reach Subscriptions.
- Select “Manage” and then click on Discovery+
- Pick Edit. Following that, click Cancel Subscription”
How to Cancel Discovery Plus on an Amazon Fire TV
If you purchased your Discovery Plus membership via Amazon Fire TV follow the steps outlined below to cancel your subscription:
- First, log in to your account
- Pick “Digital Content and Devices”
- Select “Your Apps” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Your Subscriptions” from in the sidebar
- Choose discovery+
- To cancel, use the “Cancel” button.
Canceling Discovery Plus from a Third-Party
If you signed up for Discovery Plus straight from the website, you may cancel your subscription via the website. However, if you are paying for discovery plus via a third-party service, you will need to cancel your subscription through that same provider. For example, whether you are paying using Apple Pay, Google Pay, or even Amazon, you should cancel your payment in the same manner.
Please keep in mind that this won’t apply to the gadgets that you have been using to view Discovery +. Signing up for a service via the Apple App Store but watching it on a computer by entering into your account, for example, is feasible. Because of this, if you want to cancel your membership, you should do so via the Apple App Store in this situation.
How to Cancel Discovery Plus Service Roku TV
Users of the Roku streaming media player may now cancel their Discovery Plus subscription via the device. To do this, follow the instructions outlined below.
- Start by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote control.
- Then choose Discovery Plus from the menu and hit the Start button.
- Continue by selecting Manage Subscription and then Cancel Subscription
- Select Cancel Subscription once more to ensure that you want to cancel, and thereafter click done. This will result in the cancellation of your discovery plus membership.
If you want to cancel your membership via The Roku Channel, the procedure is somewhat different. Follow the steps outlined below:
- To begin, choose The Roku Channel from the list and hit the Start button.
- Select Manage Subscriptions and then the Discovery Plus subscription from the menu.
- Then, to begin the canceling procedure, choose Cancel Subscription. This cancels your discovery plus subscription.
What Happens After Discovery Plus Is Cancelled?
You will still have access to the discovery+ features until the end of your billing cycle if you cancel your subscription to discovery+. This implies that you will be able to continue to view movies or television series until your membership has run out of funds.
Alternatively, you may opt to downgrade or upgrade to a different discovery plus plan rather than canceling your membership. The less costly plan does include some advertisements; however, the more expensive discovery plus plan does not include any advertisements.
There are various options for canceling your Discovery Plus subscription. You must cancel Discovery Plus by using the same way that you used to sign up for the service. Whether you used your Apple TV, the website, Roku TV, or android device to signup, the canceling will have to be done in that way irrespective of what device you have been using to watch shows. You will not be entitled to a refund, but you’ll be able to keep using the service until the conclusion of the current monthly cycle. There are no fees or cancellation costs associated with this offer.